Tags

, , , , , , , , , , ,

“The ancient temple site is located west of the village of Bhadreshwar (or Bhadreshvar), just a few miles far from the seashore. The ancient name of the place was Bhadravati, which was a flourishing city and one of the most important places of Jain pilgrimage of ancient Kutch.

According to some local legends the temple and the village nearby were built during the period of Mahabharata while historical sources mention one Shravak Devchandra as the founder of the temple. The temple was renovated in V.S. 1134 (1077 CE) by the Shrimalis and in V.S. 1314 (1257 CE) by Sheth Shri Jagdu Shah after a famine.”

jainsquare.com/2011/11/28/bhadreshwar-jain-temple-bhadres…

View image full screenView image in full screen

Flickr Slide Show

About these ads